Friday, October 11, 2019

I Love You, Anyhow

Thank You, Lord.

You are the one I should hide in. Every time I reach out for something You don't think I should have, I fall flat on my face, and YOU are always there to say, "I love you, anyway."

When I feel like life is a practical joke, You are the only stabilizing factor in my life that keeps me sane.

When I feel like I want to run and hide under a rock somewhere and hide from the whole world, You coax me out, ever so gently.

When all I want is to be held, You warm me with your arms of grace.

When I need a friend, You listen, and Your shoulders are big enough for all my tears.

When I am scared to take the next step, You encourage me.

When I am too stupid to stop, You probably laugh at me, but help me get up after I hit a wall, brush my backside off with Your loving chastisement and love me, anyway.

When I want to hurry instead of wait, You put Your hand out and pull me back.

And, when I don't hear the words I want to hear, You always make sure I hear what I need to.

I love You, Lord...

Even when I'm hurting.

Even when I'm angry.

Even when I'm lost.

Even when I fail.

Even when I lose something or someone dear to me.

I love You, anyhow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your prayer request!