Sunday, May 3, 2020

My Heart, Your Throne

Dear Lord,

I want to thank You for "normal". I guess it's true that people tend to not appreciate things until they don't have them anymore. And, I am thankful, right now -- REAL thankful -- for "normal".

Sometimes, I guess, You have to take something from us to make us appreciate what You have blessed us with. I can understand that. Thanks, Daddy, for the disciplinary "grounding".

I'd also like to apologize for messing up. I tend to mess up pretty big when I mess up. And, now is no different. I took my eyes off You to focus on something else, just long enough to figure out that that isn't how to get the abundant life I long for. So, I'm going to remedy that, and I ask for Your patience, forgiveness, and help as I work toward that.

Also, I'm still praying for my "miracle". But, maybe that is something You don't think I need, so I need to be thankful for what I have and accept that You know best. I've always done that. I've always had faith that I am where You need me to be in life, and nothing happens without Your permission or will. But, Lord, I may be thankful for what You give me (or don't give me, whatever the situation may be), but it doesn't mean that my human heart doesn't long for more. Help me to stay content with what I have.

Thank you for dying on the Cross to save me from myself. As is probably evidenced by this prayer, I need a lot of saving from myself. But, You are always my best friend, anyway. I REALLY appreciate and love You for that!

Lead me, guide me, and show me the way.

Protect my health and those of my friends and family.

In Jesus' Name, I pray!

AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your prayer request!