Saturday, January 16, 2016

Please Pray for Bob and Rosa Edwards!


2/15/16 Please keep Bob Edwards in your prayers today as he goes in for his second hip replacement!

UPDATE: Only a few hours after surgery today, Bob was up and walking around. PRAISE GOD!


Please pray for Bob Edwards. He is fixing to get both of his hips replaced. Bob has been a very active marathon runner for St. Judes Children's Hospital. He is determined that he will not stop running, in spite of this. His last known fundraiser was a five mile walk at Orange Leaf Fayetteville for St. Judes in October of 2015. Bob is a champion for Jesus Christ, a runner in the race of life, and a runner in the race for cures for all kinds of children's illnesses.

Bob writes: As I face surgery, to replace both my hips, God is reassuring me I will run marathons when I am in my 90s. Am I afraid of surgery ? Absolutely. But Jesus gives me strength in my weakness. I loves Jesus, and want to glorify my Lord. Things are settled in my heart now. God gave me Rosa Edwards to stand with me. Rosa is the most awesome wife ever, and loves me even though I am ornery sometimes. Thank you Jesus for putting faith in my heart, to believe you my Lord.

Rosa, his wife and my childhood friend, needs your prayers as well as she cares for him, stands with him and applauds him on! (Not to mention she has a few health issues herself!)

Please keep them both in your prayers!

1 Corinthians 9:24
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Philippians 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


2/5/16 Rosa writes: Edwards update: Some of you have checked in to see how we are since you haven't heard much on Facebook lately. Bob Edwards had a hip replacement Jan. 18 on the left hip and will have the right hip replacement on Feb. 15. Between physical therapy, doctor's appointments, his daily rehab schedule, and my work, we've just had a lot going every minute of the day. We are doing great; he's recovering well and is a terrific patient, highly motivated to recover and get back on the trails to train for that next marathon. I'm blessed to have a terrific job with supportive supervisor and co-workers that allows me to work 30 hours instead of the usual 40 (and sick leave for the difference) and adjust my schedule around his appointments. We are so grateful for the amazing community God's put around us through our church, our work, our friends, our family. Silence doesn't mean anything is wrong, it just means we are shoulder-deep in alligators trying to drain the swamp right now! Thanks for the prayers and support and checking in - every text, email, or post means so much to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your prayer request!